Saturday, August 30, 2008

Track Review: PJ Harvey - The Piano


Polly Jean Harvey's eighth LP is probably my favorite. She's really driven away from the usual alternative rock sound that is PJ Harvey, and don't get me wrong, I enjoy her other albums as well, but in a different way. The songs on White Chalk predominately involve the piano. One of my favorite songs from this album is appropriately titled, "The Piano".

Her lyrics are truly haunting. The chorus, "Oh God I miss you" over and over several times... It really sticks with me. The acoustic guitar really ties this track together nicely. The whole song has this really solid rhythm. All of the instruments blend together and feed off one another. It's like being able to see a waterfall move in slow motion right in front of you.

I hope to here more like this from PJ Harvey. Check out White Chalk, out now.

Listen/Download
PJ Harvey

No comments: