Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Track Review: My Only Offer - Mates Of State

I'm a bit a late to the Mates Of State train. Okay, more than a bit late. They've put out five albums, and while I considered listening to latest release Re-Arrange Us, I decided that if I was going to get into Mates Of State I should probably start with some of their earlier work. I kind of forgot about that plan, and life moved on.
Anyways, we play some pretty sweet music at my place of work, and there was this one song I particularly loved everytime it came on. After three months of singing along to it, I finally decided to google the lyrics last night and add it to my collection. Little did I know that the song was "My Only Offer" by Mates Of State, and I've had it on repeat for the past 24 hours.
It starts off with an incredible piano hook that plays throughout, and once the harmonies kick in in verse two I'm completely sold. It's one of the prettiest pop songs I've heard this year bar none.
Like I said, it's off their latest album, Re-Arrange Us. Check the equally pretty music video for it below.

1 comment:

olivejuice said...

brilliant brilliant brilliant. a delayed welcome aboard the Mates of State train! next stop: Blissville