Thursday, February 26, 2009

Just Listen: Pope Joan

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Well, would you look at this gem that fell into my inbox.
Pope Joan hail from Brighton, England. Their sound is alt-pop packed with nervous energy, synth squelches popping out everywhere like they just can't be contained. Their frantic pace is reminiscent of Les Savy Fav, and I can only imagine how much fun these guys would be live.
They've recorded some new songs, three of which are streaming on their MySpace (and one below, you greedy bastard). If those are any indication, I can't imagine Pope Joan staying under the radar for too long. It's bands like this that make me excited to write this blog, because I get introduced to such great new talent.
Buy their 2008 debut record here. We'll be keeping an eye out for them around here, and so should you.

Pope Joan - "Centurions" (Download)

No comments: