Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Not-So-Daily Mixtape: "AYDEES" / Bell Orchestre

blog readers of the world unite

A/Y/D/E/E/S/

1. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Something's Gotten Hold of My Heart (1986)
2. Modern English - Melt With You (1982)
3. Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me (1984)
4. Talking Heads - Seen and Not Seen (1980)
5. A Foot in Cold Water - He's Always There (Watching You) [1983]
6. Pixies - Here Comes Your Man (1989)
7. Tears for Fears - Head Over Heels (1985)
8. Neil Young - We R In Control (1982)
9. Sonic Youth - Hey Joni (1988)
10. The Cure - Close to Me (1985)
11. Enya - Orinoco Flow (1988)
12. The Smiths - Shoplifters of the World Unite (1987)
13. Earth, Wind, & Fire - Lady Sun (1981)
14. Brian Eno and Harold Budd - The Chill Air (1980)

On a side note, this past Saturday I went to a music festival called Hillside Inside (definitely something worth checking out). I saw many great performances. STARS, Sam Roberts Band, Bedouin Soundclash, and a few more. One that stood out, and was very moving, was a sideproject of two Arcade Fire members, "Bell Orchestre" from Montreal, Quebec. Wonderful stuff, their performance blew me away. Below is a video (I will post more from the festival once I get them up on YouTube)






1 comment:

elephantshoe said...

My oh my. Bell Orchestre is definitely worth further investigation. I can only imagine what seeing them live would be like ;) and what a cute dress!