Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Track Review: The Mountains - "In the Land of the Corpses, Hidden Stories are Revealed, Retold & Relived"


I can't even remember how I came across this song, but oh how glad I am that I did. "In the Land of the Corpses, Hidden Stories are Revealed, Retold & Relived" by The Mountains (a band from California that I can find absolutely no information about online). The repeated pluck in the guitar melody really stands out, and I love it. The lyrics, the melody, everything about this song is great. The singer's voice is faintly reminiscent of Dolores O'Riordan, of The Cranberries. The chorus really stands out, the whole song has a dream-like feel to it, and the instrumentals tie together such a beautiful melody. The singer's voice picks you up and takes you a whisping little ride, it's great. The song concludes with what sounds like popcorn popping over a fire, at least that's what I think it is.

I absolutely want to hear more from this mystery band, The Mountains, if anyone has any information on them, please let me know.

"In the Land of the Corpses, Hidden Stories are Revealed, Retold & Relived"

No comments: