Thursday, February 5, 2009

Track Review: Rich Boy Feat. Kardinal Offishall - "Drop"

The first time I heard this song, it made me visibly angry. It just sounded so much like "A Milli", which was the jam of 2008. The blatant plagiarism pissed me off. I had to text my brother immediately to express my intense hatred for it.
Then I got over myself, remembered that Polow Da Don is one of my favourite producers, and realized that if someone was going to plagiarize, it might as well be from the jam of 2008. Rich Boy murders this beat, even swiping his gravelly delivery from Lil Wayne. Kardinal's verse is more "Set It Off" than "Dangerous", which works since he's better when his flow is harder.
I'm not sure how this is gonna play on the radio, but Rich Boy has never sounded better. Check it.

No comments: