Saturday, March 7, 2009

Not-So-Daily Mixtape: "BACK IN THE MOTION OF THINGS" / Stars

It's about time to get

B/A/C/K_I/N_T/H/E_M/O/T/I/O/N_O/F_T/H/I/N/G/S/

1. Death From Above 1979 - Black History Month (2004)
2. Pavement - So Stark (You're a Skyscraper) [1992]
3. Black Kids - I Wanna Be Your Limousine (2008)
4. Arab Strap - Turbulence (2001)
5. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Clap Your Hands! (2005)
6. Why? - Song of the Sad Assassin (Almost Live Version) [2008]
7. Band of Horses - Cigarettes, Wedding Bands (2007)
8. Shocking Pinks - I Want U Back (2007)
9. The Rapture - Get Myself Into It (2006)
10. The American Analog Set - Too Tired to Shine II (1996)
11. Yeasayer - No Need to Worry (2007)
12. Cold War Kids - Golden Gate Jumpers (2008)
13. LCD Soundsystem - New York, I Love You but You're Bringing Me Down (2007)
14. Eagle*Seagull - Last Song (2005)

More mixtapes will eventually come your way, I promise you.

Also, enjoy this video of Stars performing Window Bird (one of my favourites by Stars) at the Hillside Inside Festival, that I attended a while ago. If you remember, I posted a video of post-rock band Bell Orchestre who also performed there. Again, I highly recommend checking out this festival, it runs twice each year (once in the summer, outside and once in the winter, inside) and features some of Canada's greatest artists. Past festivals have included bands such as Plants and Animals, and Tokyo Police Club. (more videos from the festival will make their way here, and hopefully not as late as this one did, hehe)

2 comments:

olivejuice said...

I have good news for you. Hillside actually happens TWICE a year. There's one in the summer outside and one in the winter. Wowowow!

roygbiv said...

:O

that IS good news