Friday, March 6, 2009

Track Review: Handsome Furs - "All We Want, Baby, Is Everything"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have this novel that I'm constantly writing in my head. It's about a group of university students all connected by a common bond: the complications of their lives. They drink, they fuck, they interact, they do everything that stereotypical university students do. However, each member of this group is an individual with personal needs, wants, and desires that they obtain through this drinking, fucking, and interacting. Because while on the surface everyone's actions may appear similar, we all have different motivations for why we do them.
This novel I've never started writing has a soundtrack that grows every time I hear a song I feel fits the mood I'm going for. The most recent addition to said soundtrack is a new Handsome Furs track off the forthcoming Face Control entitled "All We Want, Baby, Is Everything". In my mind, this song soundtracks the scene where the entire group of friends is sitting in a room at 2 am, still a little drunk; none of them are completely happy, but they also know how much better they feel just being apathetic together and not caring about what's coming in the morning.
Someday I might actually put these ideas to paper, but in the meantime I'm content finding brilliant songs like this one and letting them weave a storyline themselves. Go ahead and pre-order Face Control here if you agree with me.

Handsome Furs - "All We Want, Baby, Is Everything" (Download)

1 comment:

nickles said...

i think bret easton ellis already wrote that novel.