Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Just Listen: The Forcefield Kids



Per the message in my inbox...

"The Forcefield Kids is a collaboration between two Newcastle based musicians, rapper/writer Stain(ed) Art and deejay/producer Sleepy. Combined, they've been making forward thinking, genre breaking music for nearly two decades. This record represents their pulling together to deliver a sound characterised by poetic lyrical landscapes and lush lofi instrumentals."

Their MySpace is here. I was skeptical until I listened to the mp3 they sent along with the e-mail: "Little Miss Star" reminds me of Bran Van 3000's "Drinking In LA" - one of my favourite songs ever - if Bran Van wasn't so alright with their apathy. I can picture myself wandering the Newcastle streets alone at midnight, and while that's not the most uplifting thought, I'm happy the The Forcefield Kids can bring me there.

The Forcefield Kids - "Little Miss Star"

No comments: