Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Track Review: Kid Cudi Feat. Kanye West, Common, & Lady Gaga - "I Poke Her Face"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I generally hate posting about things that have already been mass blogged about, but Christ I just can't keep me hands off this one. It's legitimately called "I Poke Her Face". And samples Lady Gaga. And features another blistering verse from Kanye. Not even my intense hatred for Common can cool my enthusiasm for this track.
On the same day Eminem puts out another lame single where he basically re-releases "Ass Like That" and thinks it's funny, Kid Cudi drops this song, which is 100% hilarious. Even when followed by a giant douchebag - I'm looking at you, Common; real "conscious" rappers don't fucking discuss their "consciousness" in a song about getting head - Cudi and Kanye manage to rhyme the shit out of my favourite sample so far this year.
I'm still trying to decide if in December I'll be claiming this as one of the best raps of 2009 or whether it'll just be a novelty item, but regardless it's a hell of a lot of fun to listen to right now.

Kid Cudi Feat. Kanye West, Common, & Lady Gaga - "I Poke Her Face" (Download)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you hate common? wow, booooo!

Creatively Boundless said...

Some of the best rappers come out chicago
http://creativelyboundless.wordpress.com/2009/04/05/chi-town-aj-allen/

Anonymous said...

Cant get enough of this track... God, its good.

Thanks for posting it up ^^