Monday, May 4, 2009

Just Listen: Children of the Moon

Straight from the ol' inbox comes adorable Mexican synthpop duo, Children of the Moon. They describe the music they make together as "cuteweird" and I admit that I can't think of a better word. That pretty much sums them up musically and they both totally look the part. With beats slightly similar to Sweden's Lo-Fi-Fnk or The Knife and bright vocals running through a vocoder, their tunes remind me of getting drunk and having a good time. I like that, plus their stuff is so very catchy and easy to groove along to. They are working on their currently untitled debut EP set to be released in August of this year. Their EP will include the songs up on their MySpace and a few others with both English and Spanish lyrics. If I could make a suggestion guys, totally name your EP Cuteweird. Check out one of their bouncy tracks, "Semicircles", below.

Children of the Moon - "Semicircles" (Download)

No comments: