Saturday, May 9, 2009

Track Review: Pure satisfaction.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The first time I heard Basement Jaxx's stunning "Raindrops", it was my last day of school before I headed back home for the summer. I was stressing about the final I had later that night, and was just generally in a bad mood knowing that I'd be leaving my friends really soon.
Then I played "Raindrops", and suddenly everything changed. I looked outside and noticed the sunshine. I decided to just give a giant middle finger to Media Ethics and enjoy my day outside in the gorgeous weather. I played soccer in a park with my friends, I went to dinner with my dad, and my final was the furthest thing from my mind. By the end of the day, "Raindrops" had a play count of 31 in my iTunes.
Such is the effect of Basement Jaxx's [comeback] single. It's absolutely gorgeous, reminiscent of "Digital Love" in how easily it sweeps you off your feet. It's just...satisfying.
If you were looking for something to kick off your summer soundtrack, here it is.

Basement Jaxx - "Raindrops" (Download)

No comments: