Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Track Review: Surprise, bitches.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The Cool Kids. Ludacris. UGK. All on the "Pennies" beat. Say WHAT? I know I just wrote about the Cool Kids and I've mentioned "Pennies" before, but all I have to say is oh my GOD.
I love the way Luda talks about getting $100, 000 per verse, "Unless you're God...or got a Cool Kid on it. Then I might do it for free." I love the way he says he's going to use this cameo to get Mikey and Chuck to guest on his next album. I love the way his verse comes absolutely out of nowhere. I love the way once your mind is done being blown by Ludacris you hear Bun B start creeping in and you lose your shit again. I love the way this beat continues to murder despite it being like three decades old in blog years. I love the way the Cool Kids rap with such a calm swagger that they sound like the rap Godfathers on this track.
Get the Gone Fishing mixtape for free right now.

The Cool Kids Feat. Ludacris & UGK - "Pennies (Updated Rosters Remix) (Download)

No comments: