Monday, June 1, 2009

Just Listen: Put on a little make-up

This was one of those cases when a "meh" artist, turns into a "great" one over the course of a little time, and it's a shame that I didn't see it earlier. In fact, I didn't see all that much in Marching Band (Indie Rock group from Sweden) at first, but with time I've come to adore their stuff. They give us catchy pop/rock vocal melodies, beats that convince your feet to move and a heartfelt warming, soothing feel to their 2008 debut LP, Spark Large. Below is a track I quite enjoyed from Spark Large, an album I regret not listening to earlier, but am glad to have heard it now. "Make-Up Artist" starts off sounding like a piano pop ballad, but it is quickly joined by a tropical guitar riff and a unique drum beat. Their vocals are somewhat a cross between Frightened Rabbit and Kings of Convenience, this song really makes you wanna jump around. If you would like to purchase Spark Large, click here, or visit their official website.

Marching Band - "Make-Up Artist" (download)


P.S. I'd like to give a warm YE-LID welcome to the summer sun. Happy June everyone!

No comments: