Friday, August 21, 2009

Just Listen: Music For Your Heart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Music For Your Heart dropped like a late-90s ray of sunshine into my inbox. First listening to "The One", I felt like Stuart Murdoch had died without me knowing and had been reincarnated as Sandra Zettpunkt, the soft-voiced singer of this project. It sounds like classic Belle and Sebastian, with the light guitar hook, barely-there drumming, and third-person narrative. If You're Feeling Sinister is one of my favourite albums - potentially my favourite, I'd have to really think about it - and "The One" sounds straight out of those recording sessions.

MFYH's debut album Turning Marvel comes out September 25, so get more info and prepare to pre-order it here.


Music For Your Heart - "The One" (Download)

No comments: