Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Just Listen: Pomegranates

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Pomegranates are just so easy to love. New album Everybody, Come Outside! reminds me a lot of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin's 2008 release Pershing, in that it's the kind of record that you throw on when you just want music you know you're going to be satisfied by. All the hooks are immediate, fresh, and enjoyable.

Which isn't to say this is some kind of fluff album. Songs like "This Used To Be My Land, But Now I Hate This Land" are also emotionally touching despite having the band's signature cuteness throughout. Check it out, and let the band's enthusiasm wash over you on a day when you need it most.

Lovely.

Pomegranates - "This Land Used To Be My Land, But Now I Hate This Land" (Download)

No comments: