Thursday, September 17, 2009

Billboard Thursday: Gucci Mane - "Wasted (Feat. Plies)"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Worst song ever?

Not when "I Gotta Feeling" and "Down" still exist (and are #1 and #2 respectively on the charts again, WTF), but it's definitely in the conversation. And when you can even for a brief second consider that "I Gotta Feeling" may not be the worst song on the radio right now, you know you've come across a really shitty song.

As the name implies, "Wasted" is about getting really drunk. I can appreciate that concept, but seriously: the song consists of people saying "wasted" a lot whilst being surrounded by a lot of background noise and verses that are so nondescript that I can't even recall any of what Gucci or Plies is saying. And I'm listening to the song RIGHT NOW.

Listen below, if only just to hear an example of when party rap songs go horribly, horribly wrong.

No comments: