Monday, October 26, 2009

Video Of The Week: Leonard Cohen! Leonard Cohen!

Video Of The Week on a Monday! BLASPHEMY!

Well, I don't care. Blaspheme away! Leonard Cohen, is one of my all-time favourite songwriters, and the fact that he's Canadian and still sounds breathtaking to this day is just the icing on the cake. So I'm perusing around the internet and find myself some videos, some recordings of Beck & friends recording their own version of Songs of Leonard Cohen, an album filled with wonderful little gems.

One that stood out to me, although they are all so damn delicious, was their version of "Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye". A very brilliant take on an already brilliant track. Beck's Record Club features friends such as Nigel Godrich, Giovanni Ribisi, Devendra Banhart, Chris Holmes and more. Check the video to the right of this post.

P.S. If you are brave enough, click here to check out the entirity of their take on the album in video form.

2 comments:

kenthousand said...

i love this! how have I, in 5 years of rabid leonard cohen fanship, never heard of this? thanks man

roygbiv said...

i asked myself that same question! glad you like it man