Monday, November 2, 2009

Just Listen: Ola Podrida

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I first heard Ola Podrida when he was getting solid reviews from quite a few major music publications for his debut self-titled album. I was hooked from the first listen, and it easily made my top ten list from that year.

So, imagine my face when I get an e-mail from his publicist reminding me that he has new material coming out! It resembled that smiley emoticon represented by the ":D" that no one really uses because it's kind of obnoxious but is meant to embody someone who is REALLY FUCKING HAPPY.

New album Belly Of The Lion doesn't disappoint, either, picking up right where the debut left off with it's folk-y aura and emotional arrangements that beg for you to pay attention to them. Is it blasphemy to say that in a battle between Ola Podrida and Bon Iver, Ola Podrida would win my heart? Potentially, but I don't care because that's how much I love this artist.

The album drops tomorrow, and you can pre-order it here.

Ola Podrida - "Roomful Of Sparrows" (Download)

No comments: