Monday, January 18, 2010

The Besnard Lakes Are The Amazing Band.


I totally, completely utterly forgot about this weirdly amazing band that blew my mind at the Hillside Festival in 2007. At times sounding like the demonic spawn of My Bloody Valentine, the Beach Boys and Pa's old Willie Nelson records, I hadn't thought about this band in a while until I heard that they are releasing a new album.

The first single available from their new album The Besnard Lakes Are The Roaring Night, "Albatross" shimmers though the haze of shoegaze-esque guitars. Particularly vibrant is the clear-ringing voice of Olga Goreas, which shines aboves the beautifully layered falsetto of her husband Jace Lasek.

The new album drops March 9th, but until then check out the streaming audio and download below. Happy listening!

The Besnard Lakes - "Albatross"

No comments: