Thursday, January 7, 2010

Alex Winston is an animal, baby.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Alex Winston's pop sound is at once familiar and completely unique, with the kind of charisma in her voice that is all her own but with an heir of nostalgia that makes you warm up to her like an old friend you haven't heard from in a while. This is to say, she's a star.

"Animal Baby" fell into my inbox the other day. If it could be described in one word I would choose LOVELY. She's in New York working on her debut album with production wizards The Knocks. If I could describe that in four words, I would choose SIMPLY ASTONISHING AND EXCITING.

Here's her MySpace which you should probably check out since she's going to be rather famous rather soon and you'll feel awfully silly a few months from now if you don't.


Alex Winston - "Animal Baby" (Download)

1 comment:

Jade Leonard said...

This is great! I am an independent singer songwriter and I learn a lot from reading blogs like this - thanks so much for sharing.